Thursday, November 30, 2006

MY BEST WORD


I woke up!

I am alone, I am sad ...
I explode.
I thought so.
I am evil.

I don’t understand.
I fall.
I fly.
I fly.
I fly higher.

I fly.
I don’t understand.

What am I?
That’s what I heard!!
Why me?

Am I anyone?

I am stuck.
Who am I?

I am afraid,
I cry.


Translated from Icelandic.
Original title: Besta orðið mitt
Published in Blandarabrandarar (Mixer jokes), Nýhil, 2005.

The poem is written by copy-pasting 1.000 pages worth of poetry from the Icelandic poetry-site ljod.is, and using Windows Word Auto-Summarize to make a 0,1% summary of the aforementioned 1.000 pages – that is to say, one page. The results were not tampered with. The title of the poem comes from a poem by Dagur Sigurðarson, an Icelandic poet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Refresh Page